Saturday, January 16, 2021

DHS seeks approval of additional 1000 US troops at the Mexican border

Featured

Adam Schiff: Donald Trump must be removed

Adam Schiff, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee in the US House of Representatives, affirmed that they continue to defend...

Indonesia proposed a budget of 1.5 billion dollars for Chinese Sinovac vaccine

Indonesia has proposed a budget of 20.9 trillion rupees ($ 1.49 billion) to buy the Coronavirus vaccine from Sinovac,...

IFN declares SBP as top central bank for promoting Islamic finance

State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has been voted as the Best Central Bank in promoting Islamic finance for the...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

The US Department of Homeland Security DHS has requested an additional 1,000 soldiers to help deal with the immigrant crisis in Texas, the Pentagon said Monday, amid rising support for the situation in the detention facility restored.

- Advertisement -

In a statement, the Pentagon said they were asked to approve the assistance of the Texas National Guard to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers who were said to be hard at handling the influx of refugees crossing from the southern US frontier.

Thousands of active National Guard soldiers were sent for several months along the US-Mexico border to support immigration officials.

“The DHS is seeking the approval of 1,000 Texas National Guard members to provide support at the entrance (POE) to Texas’s domestic CBP,” the statement said.

The National Guard will manage CBP-operated facilities for adult, adult immigrants in Donna, the city on the southeastern border with Mexico and Tornillo, located in the middle of the border.

They will also provide support at the entrance and commercial airports of El Paso and Laredo to improve border security and traffic flow control.

- Advertisement -

According to Border Guard’s figures, 223,263 people were arrested in the Rio Grande Valley sector between October 2018 and May 2019, up 124 percent from the same period last year.

Last April, the DHS said it would send an additional 320 troopers to the southern border, bringing about 2,900 active officers and 2,000 National Guards who are currently stationed in the border region.

Monthly data released by the US Border Control Agency showed an increase of 84,542 members of cross-border families, up 44 percent from last April, to 58,724 same period last year (SPLY).

The arrests have caused confusion in border control officials to counter this significant increase and take action on them in terms of recording, medically examining and placing them in detention centers.

The US Border Control Agency has normally held between 4,000 and 6,000 people at its southern border posts, but now has more than 19,000 people waiting to open new centers to hold more migrants across the country.

Read also: Donald Trump considers internment camps for migrants as “Incredible”

- Advertisement -
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]
- Advertisement -

Latest News

As You Likee: Express more, Create more with Likee’s In-App Features

The online short videos platform is rapidly becoming the content production application of choice for hundreds of thousands of...

Adam Schiff: Donald Trump must be removed

Adam Schiff, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee in the US House of Representatives, affirmed that they continue to defend the democracy of the United...

Indonesia proposed a budget of 1.5 billion dollars for Chinese Sinovac vaccine

Indonesia has proposed a budget of 20.9 trillion rupees ($ 1.49 billion) to buy the Coronavirus vaccine from Sinovac, the Indonesian health minister said...

IFN declares SBP as top central bank for promoting Islamic finance

State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has been voted as the Best Central Bank in promoting Islamic finance for the fourth time by a poll...

Breaking: Ontario premier ordered state of emergency amid COVID killer wave

The Ontario government has issued a stay-at-home order for at least 28 days requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes,...

Related News