Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Kevin Spacey pleads non-guilty

Featured

Mozambique and Tanzania launches joint operations against rebels

Mozambique and Tanzania would start joint operations to fight an insurgency, under an agreement that also includes the handover...

US-based Chinese opponents support Trump’s allegation of fraudulent election

Some Chinese opposition activists in the field of human rights residing in the United States, who support Donald Trump's...

Systems Limited Wins Forbes Asia’s Best Under A Billion Award 2020

Systems Limited – a next-generation global technology company enabling enterprises to reimagine their businesses through information technology (IT) and...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

A silent Kevin Spacey in court: In the US state of Massachusetts, the deeply starred Hollywood star has been read out on a sexual assault charge. The actor did not speak during the less than ten-minute court on Monday on Nantucket Island. About his lawyer, however, the 59-year-old pleaded not guilty in writing.

A court clerk alleged that Spacey had committed an “immoral” physical assault on July 18, 2016 in Nantucket. It is about an incident in a restaurant of the sophisticated holiday island, in which the movie star made a 18-year-old assistant waiter drunk and taken to the penis. Spacey face imprisonment for up to five years.

Judge Thomas Barrett ordered that Spacey should not make direct or indirect contact with his alleged victim, but otherwise imposed no obligations on the actor.

Spacey wore a gray suit and polka-dot tie for the appointment and looked composed. Since the first allegations of sexual assault against him had emerged in late 2017, he had largely disappeared from the public.

The next hearing was scheduled for March 4 by Barrett. But then Spacey does not have to appear in person, but only by phone available. The two-time Oscar winner would also like to have his court appearance on this Monday spared. But his request to be represented by his lawyers, the judge had dismissed.

At the appointment on Monday, the judge responded to a request by Spacey’s lawyers to keep the alleged victim’s smartphone data from the incident until six months later. The Spacey lawyers said the data contained “probably exonerating” information about their client.

The assistant waiter is said to have exchanged messages with his girlfriend during the incident and also shot a video on his smartphone. He stayed in the restaurant after his shift to meet Spacey. Compared to the actor, he was 23 years old – in Massachusetts, the consumption of alcohol is only from 21 years allowed.

At Spacey’s urging, he drank beer and then whiskey, the young man said. The actor had then caught him several times in the pants.

The legal procedure in Nantucket is still in its infancy. But this is the first case in which Spacey threatens a lawsuit. In addition, investigations are underway against the two-time Oscar winner in Los Angeles and in London, where he was artistic director of the Old Vic Theater between 2004 and 2015.

The allegations have already had serious consequences for Spacey – he fell out of favor in the industry and experienced a dramatic career crash. Among other things, he lost his lead role in the Netflix cult series “House of Cards”.

In addition, director Ridley Scott went so far as to cut Spacey from the already wacky film “Alles Geld der Welt” and quickly re-film the scenes with Christoph Plummer.

On December 24 – the day the Nantucket indictment became known – Spacey posted a bizarre video on Youtube in which he apparently slipped into the skin of Frank Underwood – his role as an unscrupulous president in House of Cards.

In the three-minute video, Spacey says, “You would not make a judgment rashly without knowing the facts, would you?”

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Mozambique and Tanzania launches joint operations against rebels

Mozambique and Tanzania would start joint operations to fight an insurgency, under an agreement that also includes the handover...

US-based Chinese opponents support Trump’s allegation of fraudulent election

Some Chinese opposition activists in the field of human rights residing in the United States, who support Donald Trump's hard-line stance towards Beijing, have...

Systems Limited Wins Forbes Asia’s Best Under A Billion Award 2020

Systems Limited – a next-generation global technology company enabling enterprises to reimagine their businesses through information technology (IT) and business process outsourcing (BPO) services...

Global tax evasion hits $ 427 billion annually

Governments around the world lose about $ 427 billion annually due to fraud and tax evasion as companies and wealthy people divert their money...

Australian special forces involved in murder of 39 Afghan civilians, war crimes report alleges

According to the results of the years-long Canberra investigation into the conduct of Australian Special Forces personnel in Afghanistan between 2005 and 2016, the...

Related News