Friday, November 15, 2019

US Defense Secretary confirms Hamza Bin Laden killed

Featured

Trump said: Sondland is great American now President’s famous ‘U-turn’

President Donald Trump has a history of distancing himself from associates who have found themselves in legal trouble or...

Babri mosque: Indian Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hindus in a dispute over a religious position with Muslims

India's Supreme Court on Saturday ruled in favor of a Hindu group in a long-running legal battle over a...

France Visa: New point-based skilled immigrant program to be enforced by summer 2020

France will introduce new point-based skilled immigrant program (France Visa), will come to force by summer 2020. French government...
Avatar
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype. He can be reached at: [email protected]

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper confirmed on Thursday the killing of Hamza bin Laden, the son of the founder of Al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, according to Sky News.

“This is what I understand”, Esper said in an interview with Fox News when asked if Hamza had died“.

US Defense Secretary added: “I have no details. If I have details, I am not sure how much I can share with them”, according to AFP.

US media reported in early August that Hamza had been killed in the last two years, in a US-led operation, citing US intelligence officials.

The killing of Hamza bin Laden has dealt a symbolic blow to Al-Qaeda, but it could have little practical impact on the militant jihadist network.

The death of Osama bin Laden’s favorite son ends jihadist hopes for a dynasty that leads what was once the world’s most famous terrorist group.

The younger Hamza, who is believed to be 30, was once preparing to oversee Al-Qaeda to steer the organization his father set up to a new generation.

US officials gave few details of his death, saying this took place in the first two years of Donald Trump’s administration. A White House source said the US evidence of the death was “very reliable”.

Read also: US believes Hamza Bin Laden has died

Avatar
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype. He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

Trump’s removal measures: US Poll reveals support for 50 percent of Americans to the House of Representatives

The Politico Foundation released the results of a US Poll in conjunction with Trump's impeachment measures, revealing that 81%...

New UK Guidelines on EU Citizens residence

Britain is threatening to deport EU citizens if they do not apply in time for a new immigration status after Britain leaves the bloc...

US appeals court upholds decision to disclose Trump’s financial records

Trump's financial records: A US appeals court said on Wednesday it would not review an October decision ordering President Donald Trump's accounting firm to...

Ukrainian president offers 10 percent bonus for bribery and corruption reporting

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has signed a law to pay 10 percent of confiscated money to those reporting corruption-related crimes to the authorities. The Ukrainian...

Morales condemns US recognition of the new government in Bolivia

Bolivia's former president, Evo Morales on Wednesday denounced the United States' recognition of his country's self-proclaimed "de facto" government since he left the country. The...
- Advertisement -

Related News