Monday, October 26, 2020

US sales to Huawei will not jeopardize national security, Kudlow

Featured

Belarus: Opposition leader in quarantine after coming into contact with an infected

The leader of the Belarusian opposition, Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, announced that she is currently under quarantine after her contact with...

50 million Americans voted by mail in the presidential election so far

More than 50 million Americans cast their ballots in the US presidential election by mail 11 days before the...

GIP releases inaugural annual report at second plenary meeting

The Second Plenary Meeting of the Green Investment Principles for the Belt and Road (GIP) was held today in...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

President Donald Trump will not back down on national security concerns after agreeing to allow US companies to sell some of the components to Huawei, the White House economic adviser said.

Kudlow told Fox News Sunday that Huawei would remain on the US black list as a potential security threat, saying that any additional US license would be “what we call public goods, not a national security concern,” such as the processor chips and programs available in general. the whole world.

Some Republican senators criticized the Trump announcement last Saturday, calling the company a threat to US national security and in a chant, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida described the move as a “catastrophic mistake.” Trump’s remarks came after his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping In Japan at the last G20 summit.

Earlier Kudlow said that the US administration did not lift Huawei from the blacklist, which largely turned the company into buying US goods. Instead, the US Department of Commerce will grant more licenses to US companies to sell their products to Huawei, Those sales do not pose a threat to US national security.

He stressed that Trump’s decision is not a “general amnesty” for Huawei, but that the Chinese company will remain on the list of so-called “list of entities” where there are serious controls on export and research contrary to the interests of national security or consider proposals not to issue any licenses.

US President Donald Trump said he had made a decision to allow Huawei to buy US products at the request of US high-tech companies. Pointing out that his administration will meet to discuss this plan fully.

Major US technology companies such as Intel, Qualcomm and Broadcom have welcomed the decision but have expressed interest in learning more about the Trump plan on Huawei.

In May, Washington put Huawei into a company list of entities prohibited from receiving components made in US without government permission. Trump’s clear statement did not show any change from existing practice.

But it can be read by the financial market as a positive indicator that its administration may be open to negotiating Huawei as bilateral trade negotiations are connected.

Read also: Trump began to soften Huawei’s issue

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

Belarus: Opposition leader in quarantine after coming into contact with an infected

The leader of the Belarusian opposition, Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, announced that she is currently under quarantine after her contact with...

50 million Americans voted by mail in the presidential election so far

More than 50 million Americans cast their ballots in the US presidential election by mail 11 days before the start of the race, a...

Remains of ships sunk hundreds of years ago discovered in Utbury, Sweden

Archaeologists in Sweden have discovered the remains of small, sunken ships dating back 400 years ago, during excavations in central Gothenburg in the coastal...

New York authorities preparing for possible riots after the election

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that the major American city authorities are preparing for possible unrest and riots in the city...

Trump: 180 million Americans would miss health care plans if Biden came to power

US President Donald Trump did not stop attacking his rival in the US presidential election, Democratic candidate Joe Biden, sending a message to Americans,...

Related News