Monday, October 26, 2020

Washington to send 200 soldiers and Patriot missiles to Saudi Arabia

Featured

Belarus: Opposition leader in quarantine after coming into contact with an infected

The leader of the Belarusian opposition, Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, announced that she is currently under quarantine after her contact with...

50 million Americans voted by mail in the presidential election so far

More than 50 million Americans cast their ballots in the US presidential election by mail 11 days before the...

GIP releases inaugural annual report at second plenary meeting

The Second Plenary Meeting of the Green Investment Principles for the Belt and Road (GIP) was held today in...
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

In response to air strikes on two major oil facilities of Saudi Arabia, the United States has announced to send 200 additional soldiers and anti-aircraft Patriot missiles to Saudi Arabia.

The US steps will reinforce the protection of important military and civilian infrastructure in the Saudi kingdom, said Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman on Thursday.

The United States blamed Tehran for the mid-September air raids. Iran has denied the allegations.

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper had already announced on Friday that in response to the attacks, troop presence in the Gulf was to be stepped up. Details about the Gulf strategy had not been mentioned.

Read also: Trump: America does not need Middle East crude oil, but shipments continue

The Pentagon spokesman called on other countries to help protect Saudi Arabia. However, the German government had last week extended its embargo on arms supplies to the Saudi Kingdom.

The German arms export embargo was imposed after the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkish capital Istanbul.

Read also: Drone attack hits Aramco oil refinery in Saudi Arabia

Earlier, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir said the investigation would prove that the September 14 attacks came from the north and Iran was responsible. Tehran however denied the allegations.

Saudi Arabia will take reasonable steps in response to attacks on its oil facilities and as expected, the country’s investigation confirms Iran is responsible, a senior official said on September 21.

Saudi Arabia said investigations showed that the Iranian weapons were being used and attacks were coming from the north of the country.

Riyadh is currently negotiating with its allies to take the necessary steps against the attacks, al-Jubeir said in a press conference. He urged the international community to express their stand.

Read also: Saudi Defense vulnerability against low flying objects

Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Latest News

Belarus: Opposition leader in quarantine after coming into contact with an infected

The leader of the Belarusian opposition, Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, announced that she is currently under quarantine after her contact with...

50 million Americans voted by mail in the presidential election so far

More than 50 million Americans cast their ballots in the US presidential election by mail 11 days before the start of the race, a...

Remains of ships sunk hundreds of years ago discovered in Utbury, Sweden

Archaeologists in Sweden have discovered the remains of small, sunken ships dating back 400 years ago, during excavations in central Gothenburg in the coastal...

New York authorities preparing for possible riots after the election

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that the major American city authorities are preparing for possible unrest and riots in the city...

Trump: 180 million Americans would miss health care plans if Biden came to power

US President Donald Trump did not stop attacking his rival in the US presidential election, Democratic candidate Joe Biden, sending a message to Americans,...

Related News