Sunday, January 24, 2021

Australia blocks access to eight websites featuring New Zealand offensive video

Featured

US aircraft carrier enters South China Sea amid tensions over Taiwan

The US military said on Sunday that the aircraft carrier group Theodore Roosevelt has entered the South China Sea...

India administered one million doses of Corona vaccine within 6 days

Today, the Indian Ministry of Health announced the completion of the distribution of one million doses for the emerging...

Who is Joe Biden? – Learn more about the United States 46th President

Who is Joe Biden? The new American president was Barack Obama's deputy for eight years and a senator for...
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Australia has ordered internet companies to block access to eight websites still showing a video of the deadly attacks on two mosques in New Zealand earlier this year.

- Advertisement -

A man armed with semiautomatic assault rifles attacked Muslims during Friday prayers in Christchurch, southern island of New Zealand, on March 15, and the attacker aired the video on Facebook.

Most websites were quick to delete the videos, but Australia’s Commissioner for Safety, Julie Inman Grant, said on Sunday that eight local websites had ignored their requests to delete the content.

“We cannot allow the use of this heinous material to encourage, incite or direct further terrorist acts”, she said in an e-mailed statement. The blocking of the eight websites comes as Australia focuses its efforts to crack down on violent online content sharing.

Last April, Australia passed a law allowing Canberra to fine social media companies up to 10 percent of their annual global income and jail terms for up to three years if violent content is not quickly removed.

Read also: New Zealand: Sky TV fined for broadcasting “Christchurch massacre#8221;

- Advertisement -
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.
- Advertisement -

Latest News

US aircraft carrier enters South China Sea amid tensions over Taiwan

The US military said on Sunday that the aircraft carrier group Theodore Roosevelt has entered the South China Sea...

India administered one million doses of Corona vaccine within 6 days

Today, the Indian Ministry of Health announced the completion of the distribution of one million doses for the emerging coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine within six...

Who is Joe Biden? – Learn more about the United States 46th President

Who is Joe Biden? The new American president was Barack Obama's deputy for eight years and a senator for 36 years. Famous for his...

Macron welcomes US back to the climate agreement

French President Emmanuel Macron tweeted on his Twitter account, directing the tweet to President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to welcome the...

Nancy Pelosi: “We are ready to work under the slogan of a united America”

US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said, "We are ready to work under the slogan of a united America". US President Joe Biden has...

Related News