Saturday, April 17, 2021

Former Marine arrested after raid on North Korea embassy

Featured

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com

Two months after a mysterious raid on the North Korean Embassy in Madrid, a former soldier has been arrested in the United States. As the “Washington Post” reported on Saturday, citing investigators, the former marine commander belongs to a group that overthrown North Korea’s rulers Kim Jong Un. He was brought to a court in Los Angeles on Friday.

- Advertisement -

The American police also searched the home of a Mexican, whom the Spanish authorities had identified as the leader of the raid. According to Spanish sources, masked assailants had invaded Madrid’s embassy building on February 22, harassing employees and stealing computers.

The dissident group, Cheollima Civil Defense (CCD), also known as Free Joseon, confessed to the raid that occurred just days before the second summit meeting between Kim and America’s President Donald Trump. She said she wanted to expose illegal activities in the North Korean diplomatic missions and “certain information of enormous potential value” to the US Federal Police FBI transmitted.

A statement on their website said the group was “dismayed” that America’s Department of Justice issued arrest warrants for American citizens based on criminal charges from North Korea. “The last American citizen detained by the Kim regime returned home in torture and did not survive,” the statement said Allusion to the student Otto Warmbier, He was arrested on departure at the beginning of 2016 following a group tour in North Korea and sentenced to 15 years in a labor camp for “hostilities against the state.” He was released in 2017 and taken back to the United States, where he died a few days later.

North Korea spoke of a “serious terrorist attack” and pointed to a potential involvement of the FBI. Pyongyang said it was rumored that the FBI had been involved in the “terror incident”. An FBI spokesman refused to comment on the Washington Post report and referred to the US Department of Justice. The ministry also declined to comment.

- Advertisement -
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest News

COVID-19: Ontario govt directs police to implement stay-home orders as the cases soars

Ontario has extended further two weeks state of emergency restricting interprovincial travel by placing new restrictions and powered police...
- Advertisement -

Related News