Thursday, November 21, 2019

Hong Kong: New protest planned on Friday and Sunday

Featured

Hong Kong: Students movement threatens the next escalation

Possibly it was due to the mediators that worse could be prevented in Hong Kong. The deputies, lawyers and...

Trump said: Sondland is great American now President’s famous ‘U-turn’

President Donald Trump has a history of distancing himself from associates who have found themselves in legal trouble or...

Babri mosque: Indian Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hindus in a dispute over a religious position with Muslims

India's Supreme Court on Saturday ruled in favor of a Hindu group in a long-running legal battle over a...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Hong Kong protesters are reportedly planning two protest events tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday.

A group calling themselves Hong Kong Mothers urged residents to join protest on Friday evening (tomorrow) at Chater Garden in Central, to share and voice support for young protesters.

“We will make our voice heard by the authorities. It is their time to act and fulfill their commitment to protecting and respecting life.

“We will urge the government to hear and respond to the demands of the young and other Hong Kong residents.

“Our hearts are guiding the young protesters and we only hope that peace can be restored in a society that is now divided.

“Are we able to get out of the comfort zone, sit and hear the voice of the young, understand the pain and wrath and find a way forward together?” The group quoted the media.

Meanwhile, a protest on Sunday will start at Salisbury Gardens in the city’s Tsim Sha Tsui area at midday and heading towards West Kowloon Railway Station, where the speed train from mainland China stops.

The feeling of voicing protests against the controversial extradition bill which, if passed, would allow suspects in Hong Kong to be sent to mainland China.

Read also: Historic protest in Hong Kong against extradition law to China

While discussing an online protest march, they said the rally would target tourists from the mainland and share with them the value of Hong Kong so they could take him back to ‘every corner of China.

They urge protests to be held safely, rational and not violent.

The government-controlled media in the mainland partially looked down on the objection, displaying protesters as violent radicals.

Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam condemned a violent raid on the parliament building (LegCo). So far, police in the city have detained at least 13 people in protest-related activities.

Police also detained nine people, seven men and two women for cyber attacks or ‘doxxing’ on police websites and inciting others to do damage.

Doxxing termed as an act of exposing personal data online stolen from targets with embarrassing intent or inciting attacks on them.

Read also: Hong Kong: Police use pepper spray with batons to disperse protesters

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

Greece closes three migrant camps

Greece will close three of the largest migrant camps, located on an island near Turkey, and replace them with...

Alibaba is going public in Hong Kong, despite the escalating protests

Chinese Internet corporation Alibaba announced on Wednesday at what price it intends to sell its shares intended for trading on the Hong Kong Stock...

Gordon Sondland raises serious charges against Trump

The US ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland has charged President Donald Trump with the Ukraine affair, although he has not clearly substantiated...

Two Australian universities refused to be associated with Prince Andrew

Two Australian universities have cut ties with a charity body founded by Prince Andrew, after he refused to deny his friendship with sex offender...

Australia bush fires: Over 100 schools are closed, 300 homes destroyed

Australia bush fires: More than 100 schools in southeastern Australia are closed on Wednesday and authorities are warning residents in high-risk zones to be...
- Advertisement -

Related News