China’s telecommunications giant Huawei plans to announce a lawsuit against the US government next Thursday over a defense law, media outlets quoted Reuters.
The source said Huawei was preparing to announce the prosecution of the US government before a Texas court to challenge an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act passed last year.
The new national defense authorization law, which Beijing says is aimed at China, restricts US government contracts with Chinese companies including Huawei and reinforces the role of the foreign investment bidding committee.
The New York Times was the first to report the planned legal move to Huawei, citing two well-informed sources.
Huawei declined to comment. The company has invited the international media to a press conference at its headquarters in Shenzhen, China, on Thursday.
Such a move would be the latest in a series of measures taken by the Chinese company in response to Washington’s bid to persuade allies to ban Huawei from alleged spying risks. Huawei has repeatedly denied the allegations.