Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov urged Tehran to reverse its plans to take a third step to reduce its obligations under the nuclear deal, which it has adopted in response to what it says is not safeguarding its interests after Washington withdrew from the agreement and returned sanctions to Tehran.
“In early September, Iran will implement the so-called third step to reduce its commitments to the nuclear agreement,” Ryabkov said in a press statement from Vienna on Sunday on the sidelines of meetings of deputy foreign ministers of the signatories to the nuclear deal with Iran.
Read also: Iran will begin its nuclear reactor activity
“The more we take action to dismantle commitments, the higher the political temperature and the more chances that some of the remaining participants in the agreement will lose their temper, and therefore the situation will intensify,” Russian Deputy Foreign Ministe said.
For his part, the Permanent Representative of Russia to the international organizations in Vienna Mikhail Ulyanov, that the remaining parties to the nuclear agreement remains committed to him despite undermining US sanctions.
“The meeting” made it possible to discuss at length the situation surrounding the implementation of that agreement, focusing on its nuclear and economic components, “Ulyanov said after a session of the Joint Nuclear Agreement Committee to discuss Tehran’s nuclear program and its third step.
Representatives from all parties to the nuclear deal – Russia, China, Britain, France, Germany and Iran – met to discuss the rescue of the 2015 deal, which has been under threat since the United States withdrew from it in May last year and subsequent US sanctions on Iran and its measures. Counter by Tehran to reduce its obligations under the agreement.