Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has warned the international community of further escalation in conflict with Iran. “If the world does not take strong and determined measures to deter Iran, then we will see further escalations that threaten the interests of the world”, the Crown Prince said in a Sunday broadcast by CBC News translated into English interview.
Iran did not want to go to the negotiating table
“The oil supply will be interrupted and oil prices will rise to unimaginably high numbers that we have not seen in our lives”, MBS said.
In the mid-September, an important oil plant had been attacked in Saudi Arabia. United Kingdom, Germany, and France followed the US assessment last week that Iran was responsible for the attack. Originally, the Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen were known for the attack, which was considered by the US as a false confession. Tehran, however, rejects the allegations.
“The attack not only hit the heart of the Saudi energy industry, but the heart of the global energy industry”- Mohammad bin Salman
The attack not only hit the heart of the Saudi energy industry, but the heart of the global energy industry, Mohammad bin Salman said. “A political and peaceful solution is much better than a military one. Everyone wanted a new deal with Iran, but Tehran did not want to go to the negotiating table. If Iran stopped supporting the Houthis in Yemen, a political solution would be much easier to achieve – rather today than tomorrow”, he added.
Saudi Arabia joined the war in southern neighboring Yemen in March 2015 with other Arab states. The Saudi kingdom wants to push back the influence of its Shiite arch rival, Iran, who supports the Houthis in Yemen.