Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines began population-based operation

Featured

Russia begins clinical trials of Coronavirus drugs

The press service of the Russian Federal Biomedical Agency announced that clinical trials based on mefloquine, hydroxychloroquine and caledavir...

Coronavirus: UK Premier transferred to intensive care

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was transferred to intensive care tonight at St Thomas hospital after his condition deteriorated...

New York: 102,863 Coronavirus cases, escalating daily

New York Governor Andrew Como has announced that the number of Coronavirus cases in the state has risen to...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

The Philippine government has begun operations for the displacement of thousands of people, in preparation for a Typhoon Kammuri that is now in the Pacific Ocean and bringing with it strong winds and heavy rains, threatening the SEA Games 2019.

Climatologists predict Typhoon Kammuri (Typhoon Tisoy) will hit the country tomorrow morning or late Tuesday, with wind speeds reaching 170 kilometers an hour.

The typhoon entered the Philippines this afternoon, shortly before President Rodrigo Duterto and boxing star Manny Pacquiao launched the magnificent ASEAN sporting event.

“Typhoon Kammuri likely to hit Philippines on Tuesday with wind speed 170 kilometers an hour”

The Games, held in Clark, Manila and Subic until December 11, involved 56 sports in dozens of locations, including those located far from each other.

Organizers have previously said they are preparing for an emergency plan to deal with the Typhoon Kammuri, including the possibility of canceling an outdoor sports event. Especially in the Luzon Islands.

Meanwhile, several local government units in the Bicol area have begun evacuating residents as a precautionary measure.

More than 800 families with an estimated 3,000 to 4,000 residents are now in the evacuation center, most of which are schools and gyms in Camarines Norte, a province located in the Bicol region in Luzon of the Philippines, the disaster management office said.

“Local officials are still carrying out evacuation operations in other areas, so an increase in population is expected”, the official said.

Most of the victims are residents of coastal and lowland areas who are often exposed to flash floods and landslides.

Read also: SEA Games 2019 kicks off with spectacular opening ceremony

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

ExxonMobil Reduces 2020 Capex by 30%, Cash Opex by 15%; Maintains Long-Term Outlook

ExxonMobil said today it is reducing its 2020 capital spending by 30 percent and lowering cash operating expenses by...

Russia begins clinical trials of Coronavirus drugs

The press service of the Russian Federal Biomedical Agency announced that clinical trials based on mefloquine, hydroxychloroquine and caledavir drugs for the treatment of...

Coronavirus: UK Premier transferred to intensive care

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was transferred to intensive care tonight at St Thomas hospital after his condition deteriorated following his coronavirus hospitalization. This...

New York: 102,863 Coronavirus cases, escalating daily

New York Governor Andrew Como has announced that the number of Coronavirus cases in the state has risen to 102,863. He said: "New York is...

Pakistan: ABAD terms Construction Incentives as historic

Chairman Association of Builders and Developers of Pakistan (ABAD) Mohsin Sheikhani has termed the incentives announced by Prime Minister Imran Khan as a historic...

Related News