Friday, June 5, 2020

Canada denies having confirmed cases of coronavirus among its citizens

Featured

Bolstering the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic

As the tally of Coronavirus cases in Pakistan crosses 80,000, the impacts of the pandemic are beginning to gain...

Australia pledges $207 million for a regional vaccine program

Australia will pledge 300 million Australian dollars (207 million US dollars) to provide vaccines for children in the Indian...

The UN Economic Council holds a meeting to discuss helping governments recover from Corona

The United Nations Economic and Social Council UN ECOSOC held a wide-ranging political debate to explore funding options for...
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Canadian public health officials said Thursday that there are no confirmed cases in Canada of infection with the new coronavirus, which has killed more than a dozen people in China, but many patients are tested as a precaution, and all Canadians who are under surveillance have recently traveled to China where the virus has started to circulate in Wuhan.

“Our health care systems have been alerted to identifying and managing potential cases in Canada”, the Canadian Public Health Agency said in a statement, and so far there have been a few potential cases in the provinces (British Columbia, Quebec, and Ontario).

Read also: Corona Virus: Canada enhances infection control measures

A spokesman for the Health Minister of Quebec said that six people in the province who had recently traveled to China showed symptoms of the Corona virus, including five being monitored in hospitals in Montreal and Quebec. The sixth person was discharged from hospital after the results of the tests were negative.

While Canada’s top public health official, Dr. Theresa Tam, confirmed that the risk of Canadians with the new Corona virus remains low.

Read also: Canada: New driving laws will take effect from February 01

Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Latest News

Bolstering the economy during the COVID-19 pandemic

As the tally of Coronavirus cases in Pakistan crosses 80,000, the impacts of the pandemic are beginning to gain...

Australia pledges $207 million for a regional vaccine program

Australia will pledge 300 million Australian dollars (207 million US dollars) to provide vaccines for children in the Indian and Pacific region, Australian Minister...

Emergency in Russia after 20 thousand tons of fuel leaked into a river in Norilsk

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the lifting of the state of emergency in the city of Norilsk, Siberia, after 20,000 tons of fuel...

The UN Economic Council holds a meeting to discuss helping governments recover from Corona

The United Nations Economic and Social Council UN ECOSOC held a wide-ranging political debate to explore funding options for the pandemic and to mobilize...

Tokyo to issue an alert on the Coronavirus after 34 new cases have been confirmed

Japanese government sources said today, Tuesday, that the capitalist government of Tokyo is considering issuing what the governor of Tokyo, Yoriko Koike, called "the...

Related News