The Taliban announced the new Afghan government during a press conference held in the capital, Kabul.
Zabihullah Mujahid, a Taliban spokesman, announced the appointments of Mullah Muhammad Hassan as acting prime minister, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar as vice president, and Asaduddin Haqqani as acting interior minister.
The announcement comes 72 hours after Pakistan’s ISI Chief Lt Gen Faiz Hameed arrived in Kabul to meet the senior leadership of the Taliban, which was struggling to form a government in the war-ravaged country.
List of ministers of new Afghanistan’s government:
- Mullah Md Fazil Mazlum will be Deputy Defence Minister.
- Alhaj Khalifa Sirajuddin Haqqani will be caretaker Minister of Interior of Afghanistan.
- Mullah Abdul Haq Waseeq will be the caretaker Head of NDS.
- Alhaj Mullah Fazel Akhund will be the Chief of Army Staff.
- Mullah Taj Mir Jawad will be Deputy of the Intelligence Chief.
- Mawlawi Amir Khan Mutaqqi will be the Acting Foreign Minister.
- Sher Muhammad Abbas Stanekzai will be Deputy in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Sheikh Mawlawi Noorullah Munir will be head of the Ministry of Education.
- Mullah Hedayatull Badri will be Acting Minister of Finance.
- Mullah Khairullah Khairkhah to be the head of the Ministry of Information and Culture.
- Mawlawi Abdul Hakim Shari to be head of the Ministry of Justice.
- Mullah Hamidullah Akhundzadeh will be Acting Minister of Aviation and Transport.
- Mullah Taj Mir Jawad will be Deputy Head, Intelligence.
- Rahmatullah Najib will be Deputy Head of Intelligence, Administrative.
- Abdul Haq Wasiq will be Chief General Directorate of Intelligence.
- Haji Md Idrees will be Head of the Afghanistan Bank.
- Maulavi Ahmad Jan Ahmadi will be Head of Administrative Affairs