The US judicial authorities have charged the 15-year-old shooter with first-degree murder and terrorism at Oxford Public High School in Michigan, killing 4 people and wounding 7 others.
Karen MacDonald, the district attorney for Oakland County, announced that the 15-year-old, Ethan Crumbley, will be tried as an adult, and charged with four counts of first-degree murder, one count of terrorism, and seven counts of premeditated murder. and 12 counts of possession of a firearm used in the commission of murder, indicating that the suspect may face additional charges.
MacDonald revealed that there is evidence to suggest that “this crime was not just a reckless act .”
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said there is no indication that the suspected shooter had been disciplined or complained about being bullied at school.
The authorities announced that a fourth student, aged 17, died of wounds sustained in the shooting, and among the other dead was a 16-year-old boy who died in a police car while being taken to hospital. Six students were injured, some of them in critical condition, in addition to a 47-year-old teacher at the school.
Authorities said they found a video made the day before the attack in which the suspect threatened to shoot and kill students and a journal where he wrote about murdering classmates. Sheriff Michael Bouchard noted the suspect’s “concerning behavior” at the high school, including an incident that forced his parents to come to the school less than three hours before the attack.
She said there was a “mountain of digital evidence,” including videos and social media posts that show the attack was planned “well before” Tuesday.