Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Iran: Uranium enrichment will be enhanced as needed

Featured

Deadly Coronavirus: Death toll reaches to 132, infected six thousand

Chinese state television announced that the death toll from the "coronavirus" has risen to 132, Chinese TV said that...

World mourns basketball legend Kobe Bryant

The sports world is in shock. Former basketball superstar Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in California...

Coronavirus: 52 dead and 129 severe cases with 15 countries confirms infection

The number of victims of the Coronavirus outbreak today reached 52 deaths, while more than 1,372 people have been...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Iran has stated that from now on the country no longer feels bound by the uranium enrichment limit allowed by the Vienna Atomic Energy Act. “Starting today, we will not hold on to the 3.67 percent and our uranium enrichment will be increased as needed,” said government spokesman Ali Rabei on Sunday in the Iranian capital Tehran.

The limitation of uranium enrichment to a maximum of 3.67 percent is a central requirement of the 2015 Vienna agreement to prevent Iran from building a nuclear bomb. The country also threatened on Sunday to give up further nuclear obligations “in 60 days”. Tehran hopes that a “solution” will be found with the remaining contracting parties to the nuclear agreement, “otherwise we will open the third phase in 60 days,” said Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi to journalists.

Iran will gradually increase uranium enrichment to 5 to 20 percent according to technical needs, Iranian nuclear spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi said at a joint press conference with Rabei and Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. However, there are currently no instructions for an enrichment to 20 percent, which is required for the medical reactor in Tehran, said Kamalvandi.

At the Friday prayer address, an influential Ayatollah in Tehran said that Iran had no interest in a nuclear bomb: “Because we do not need them, and besides, they are against Islamic regulations,” said Ayatollah Ali Mowahid Kirmani.

Araghchi described the Iranian move as legitimate and within the legal framework of the Vienna Agreement. “We have had one year of diplomacy after last year’s US exit … but without results,” Araghchi said. Nevertheless, the path to a diplomatic solution remains open.

President Hasan Rouhani had on Saturday evening a constructive telephone conversation with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron over further negotiations led, said the deputy minister. It was above all a meeting of foreign ministers of the six remaining contractors – including Russia, China, Britain, France, Germany and Iran.

The United States left the agreement with Tehran in 2018. President Donald Trump has also imposed sanctions on the country threatening any economic disadvantage that Iranian oil purchases. He wants to drastically reduce the income of the Islamic Republic and make Tehran politically compliant.

Read also: Iran to announce five percent uranium enrichment today

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

Against American wish: Great Britain allows Huawei to participate in 5G expansion

The Chinese network supplier Huawei is allowed to participate in the expansion of the super fast 5G mobile network...

Trump is sowing new discord with his peace plan

Middle East Peace Plan: The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians has long ceased to be the central, overlaid "Middle East conflict". Nevertheless, fires...

Ukraine affair and the missing link

The U.S President's legal adviser had expanded his defense strategy in the Senate: The burden of proof is on the other side, said Pat...

Deadly Coronavirus: Death toll reaches to 132, infected six thousand

Chinese state television announced that the death toll from the "coronavirus" has risen to 132, Chinese TV said that the number of confirmed cases...

Trump: Middle East has changed rapidly since the beginning of my tenure

US President Donald Trump said that the Middle East has changed rapidly since the beginning of my tenure of the United States of America,...

Related News