Sunday, November 28, 2021
spot_img

After NZ incident: Facebook to impose new restrictions on live broadcast

Advertisement

Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com

Cheryl Sandberg, head of Facebook operations, said the company was seeking to impose restrictions on who could make a “live broadcast” on the platform, based on certain criteria following the Christchurch massacre.

Sandberg said in a brochure on Instagram platform that the company will monitor who can access the live broadcast feature “Live” On Facebook, depending on factors such as violations of previous community norms, and this comes after a single armed terrorist killed 50 Muslims in two mosques in New Zealand on March 15, while the massacre was broadcast across Live Facebook.

Facebook removed more than 900 video clips showing parts of the 17-minute massacre. The company used existing AI tools to identify hate groups and remove them in Australia and New Zealand. The company also noted that last week it removed 1.5 million videos worldwide On footage of the New Zealand mosque attack in the first 24 hours after the attack.

Earlier this week, a major group representing Muslims in France said it was suing Facebook and YouTube, accusing them of inciting violence by allowing video. Facebook, the world’s largest social network with 2.7 billion users, From breaking into privacy and user data amid growing concerns about its advertising practices.

- Advertisement -
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x