Monday, January 27, 2020

737 MAX: After repeated claims, Boeing still uncertain of airborne date

Featured

Coronavirus: 52 dead and 129 severe cases with 15 countries confirms infection

The number of victims of the Coronavirus outbreak today reached 52 deaths, while more than 1,372 people have been...

Corona virus can trigger next pandemic, after swine flu

World Health Organization (WHO) reported at least two new outbreaks with Corona virus that could have serious consequences for...

Trump at Davos: The American economy is in the midst of biggest boom

US President Donald Trump gave a brilliant picture of the state of the US economy and its presidency in...
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Aviation regulators from the United States and the European Union said they were still checking the aircraft 737 MAX software changes being carried out by Boeing.

Quoted from Reuters on Wednesday, this examination was carried out in detail, bearing in mind two major accidents that killed 346 people, occurred on a type aircraft 737 MAX within a period of five months.

The ongoing safety review includes the matter of certification of 737 MAX which could not have been completed before November, said two sources.

Boeing has repeatedly said it will resume flights in the fourth quarter, which starts on October 1.

Read also: Boeing conducts 500 test flights of 737 Max after updating its program

The United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said in a statement that it had transparent and collaborative relations with other civil aviation authorities when they conducted a 737 MAX safety review.

On the other hand, the European Union said that it also communicate with Boeing on flight security tests.

“We at this stage do not have specific concerns resulting from that assessment which means that we cannot approve coordinated returns to service. We continue to make contact with the FAA and Boeing”, said a spokesman for the European Union Aviation Security Agency (EASA) via email.

FAA administrator Steve Dickson previously said that the agency would need about one month after, the scheduled certification test flight before the aircraft could be flown back.

The FAA reiterated on Tuesday that they did not have a definite date for completing the review.

For info, Boeing has provided a $50 million grant, which was announced on September 23.

“Each victim’s family will receive US $144,500. Of the two deadly accidents, Boeing has paid three of the five claims filed to date”, the fund’s co-administrator, Camille Biros, told Reuters.

Read also: Boeing donates $100 million to the families of 737 MAX crash victims

Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Latest News

Coronavirus: Number of dead climbs to 81, nearly 400 in critical condition

Coronavirus update: According to the facts sheet 81 people dead, nearly 400 people in critical condition. Sixteen countries have...

Canada calls on citizens to avoid unnecessary travel to Hubei Province of China

Canadian Foreign Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne Sunday called on all Canadians to avoid unnecessary travel to the Chinese province of Hubei due to the spread...

Canada announces first case of coronavirus

Canada has officially announced Saturday that Toronto's public health authorities have received notification of the first confirmed case of coronavirus in a resident who...

Coronavirus: 52 dead and 129 severe cases with 15 countries confirms infection

The number of victims of the Coronavirus outbreak today reached 52 deaths, while more than 1,372 people have been confirmed infected Worldwide. The Spectator...

Canada denies having confirmed cases of coronavirus among its citizens

Canadian public health officials said Thursday that there are no confirmed cases in Canada of infection with the new coronavirus, which has killed more...

Related News