Jeff Bezos started the business of Amazon about 25 years ago, on July 5, 1995, to change consumption patterns, attract consumers, and become the richest man in the world.
The name Amazon was not the first choice for Jeff Bezos. Initially he wanted to be called Cadabra, which is the origin of the famous magic word “Abracadabra” Relentless But in the end the name of Amazon was chosen.
– Amazon logo appears as a smile is an arrow connecting the characters of the A and Z , which meant at first “we are happy to deliver anything, anywhere”, but the company then explained that they mean the company can meet the needs of customers from the ground up.
– Amazon used Tinder’s 2007 application to employ the engineers it needed.
– Apple uses Amazon’s cloud services for $ 30 million, due to the large number of users those who loves Amazon services.
– Amazon has about 45,000 robots in its warehouses, sources say.
– Amazon began as a bookstore, but in the next two years it added categories like games.
– Amazon’s first book on April 3, 1995, which was named Fluid Concepts and Creative Constance.
– The company reported profits for the first time in the fourth quarter of 2001.
– Number of service subscribers Amazon Prime Paid in the United States alone is 100 million people.
– In 2017, the company shipped more than 5 billion prime packages worldwide.
– Due to a 40-minute malfunction in the site in 2013, the company’s shares fell and lost $ 4.8 million.
In March this year, online shopping giant Amazon plans to open dozens of grocery stores in major US cities at lower prices. The first store will open in Los Angeles before the end of this year, and lease contracts will be signed with other merchants.
Amazon is seeking to develop its planned business through regional grocery chains in San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Philadelphia and Washington.
The report notes that the brand, which has not yet been unveiled, will offer a wider selection of products, which do not contain synthetic preservatives, flavors or sweeteners.
The company already has a grocery delivery service, and will expand the chain to its stores beyond whole foods stores, it is not clear whether planned stores will be useful only for grocery, although the report suggests it will focus strongly on customer service and delivery options.
Grocery stores are expected to be just over half of the usual “supermarket” size, and online giant will place them in open-air shopping malls.