The Malaysian government will announce a movement control order (MCO) that will last for two weeks in Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak, Selangor, Penang, and Johor to control the spread of Covid-19. The MCO will take effect from May 3 (Monday).
In the MCO, similar to the previous one, schools, social and religious activities will be barred except for economic activities.
No dine-in would be allowed at eateries. According to the local sources, an announcement on the new MCO would be made on Sunday.
Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin said that the government was reviewing its current Covid-19 protocols, especially in badly-hit areas like financial capital Kuala Lumpur and its surrounding areas in the Selangor state.
He said that premises which had been visited by a big number of those found positive for Covid-19 would be asked to close.
Muhyiddin Yassin said that the government had used an early warning system known as Hot-spots Identification for Dynamic Engagement (Hide) to identify areas and premises which were at high risk of transmitting the disease.