Monday, February 24, 2020

Canadian Prime Minister chairs a meeting to discuss Coronavirus

Featured

US official: Corona’s outbreak will not change China’s commitment to buy US goods

A senior US Treasury official said on Thursday that the US government expects China to fulfill its commitment to...

China: Corona virus death toll rises to 2239, and 75,567 infections

China’s National Health Committee announced on Friday that it has received reports of 889 new confirmed cases of the...

A major reshuffle in the British Government

Several British government ministers have been fired in a drastic reshuffle by Prime Minister Boris Johnson. The list includes...
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has convened an Incident Response Team meeting to discuss progress in the Canadian government’s response to the new Corona virus.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Deputy Prime Minister Christia Freeland, Minister of Health Patti Hajdu, Minister of Transport Mark Garno, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Bill Blair, and Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Marco Mendicino participated in the meeting yesterday.

The Prime Minister received updated information on HIV cases in Canada and around the world, as the ministers continue to communicate with international partners, including health ministers from the G7 countries. The group discussed health and safety measures taken to prevent and control the spread of the virus in Canada.

The Prime Minister also received updated information on the measures taken to repatriate Canadians from Wuhan, China. The team discussed the arrival of the second Canadian charter plane from Wuhan to the Canadian Armed Forces base in Trenton, Ontario, and the steps being taken in cooperation with the provinces to support the arrival of Canadians.

Chinese health has announced that the number of coronavirus victims has risen to 974 deaths, among them 103 new cases in Hubei province.

Read also: WHO: China-led expert team to investigate coronavirus

The National Health Committee said in a daily report that 3062 new confirmed cases of coronavirus were recorded, 97 new deaths, 91 deaths in central China’s Hubei Province, two outbreaks in the Anhui province, and one in Heilongjiang, Jiangxi and Hainan provinces Gansu.

She added, that 4008 suspected new cases were recorded, indicating that 296 patients had worsened health conditions, while 6,484 patients were still in critical condition, while a total of 3,283 people left hospital upon recovery. The committee said it was following 399,487 people who had been in contact with patients infected with the virus, adding that 29,307 people were discharged from medical observation, but another 187518 people were still under medical observation.

She pointed out that the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region recorded 36 confirmed cases as of the end of yesterday, Sunday, including one death, while ten cases were recorded in the Macao Special Administrative Region and 18 cases in Taiwan.

As Liu Kun revealed, Chinese Finance Minister, that his government has spent 31.6 billion yuan (equivalent to 4.5 billion dollars), so far, to control the outbreak of the new Corona virus.

Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh
Mehboob Ali Shaikh is the Bureau Chief of World News Observer. Based in Canada, working with Toronto 360 TV. Mehboob has accomplished Years of experience in print and broadcast media. He is an active participant in Social media strategies, including Facebook, Twitter and Skype.

Latest News

Breaking: Malaysian PM Dr Mahathir submits resignation to the King

Dr Mahathir Mohamad has sent his resignation letter as Prime Minister of Malaysia today. According to the Prime Minister's Office,...

Trump adviser Roger Stone sentenced to 3 years in prison for lying

A federal judge issued a ruling on Thursday against Roger Stone, a longtime adviser to US President Donald Trump, to three years and four...

US official: Corona’s outbreak will not change China’s commitment to buy US goods

A senior US Treasury official said on Thursday that the US government expects China to fulfill its commitment to purchase more US goods under...

Voting begins in Iran’s parliamentary elections

The Iranians began voting on Friday in a parliamentary election that is unlikely to change Tehran's troubled relations with the United States, after excluding...

Austrian Parliament: There is no place for ISIS operatives in the country

Herbert Kickel, head of the Parliamentary Bloc of the Freedom Party (the third largest Austrian party), confirmed that anyone who joined the terrorist group...

Related News