Monday, February 24, 2020

China announces rise in death toll from corona virus to 106 people

Featured

US official: Corona’s outbreak will not change China’s commitment to buy US goods

A senior US Treasury official said on Thursday that the US government expects China to fulfill its commitment to...

China: Corona virus death toll rises to 2239, and 75,567 infections

China’s National Health Committee announced on Friday that it has received reports of 889 new confirmed cases of the...

A major reshuffle in the British Government

Several British government ministers have been fired in a drastic reshuffle by Prime Minister Boris Johnson. The list includes...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

China said Tuesday that the death toll from the Corona virus has risen to 106. The national health commission said in a statement that the total number of confirmed cases in the country had risen to 4,515 as of January 27.

The public transportation company in the capital, Beijing, announced through its account on Weibo that it would suspend most bus services to the neighboring Hubei province where the virus appeared from Tuesday to contain the outbreak.

Read also: Corona virus threatens fuel demand, pushes oil down 2 percent

China’s Tibet Autonomous Region announced that all tourist sites would be temporarily closed from Monday to halt the spread of the virus.

While the United States advised its citizens to avoid traveling to China due to the outbreak of the new Corona virus, which first appeared in Wuhan in central China and has so far claimed the lives of 82 people in this country. To “reconsider” any plans to travel to China.

Read also: Corona viruses may originate from bats or snakes

The Foreign Ministry strongly warned against the danger of heading to Hubei Province, where the city of Wuhan is located, the cradle of the virus that has infected more than 2,700 people in China and has spread out today.

The ministry indicated that it had ordered last week that all of its consular officers and their families leave Wuhan.

The statement added that the ability of the US administration “to provide emergency services to American citizens in Hubei Province is limited”.

CBS news also reported minutes ago that 106 people have died in China from the new virus, officially dubbed “2019 novel coronavirus” (2019-nCoV). More than 4,500 others have been infected in more than a dozen countries, including five confirmed cases in the United States. More than 60 additional people in the U.S. were being tested for the disease.

Public health officials from the U.S. and China have warned people to expect many more infections, and there have been unconfirmed claims from anonymous health workers in China that many thousands more than their government is acknowledging could already be infected.

Read also: Corona virus: Number of dead climbs to 81, nearly 400 in critical condition

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

Breaking: Malaysian PM Dr Mahathir submits resignation to the King

Dr Mahathir Mohamad has sent his resignation letter as Prime Minister of Malaysia today. According to the Prime Minister's Office,...

Trump adviser Roger Stone sentenced to 3 years in prison for lying

A federal judge issued a ruling on Thursday against Roger Stone, a longtime adviser to US President Donald Trump, to three years and four...

US official: Corona’s outbreak will not change China’s commitment to buy US goods

A senior US Treasury official said on Thursday that the US government expects China to fulfill its commitment to purchase more US goods under...

Voting begins in Iran’s parliamentary elections

The Iranians began voting on Friday in a parliamentary election that is unlikely to change Tehran's troubled relations with the United States, after excluding...

Austrian Parliament: There is no place for ISIS operatives in the country

Herbert Kickel, head of the Parliamentary Bloc of the Freedom Party (the third largest Austrian party), confirmed that anyone who joined the terrorist group...

Related News