Friday, January 15, 2021

Pakistan: Five Star hotel under terrorist attack, security forces encircled the area

Featured

Adam Schiff: Donald Trump must be removed

Adam Schiff, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee in the US House of Representatives, affirmed that they continue to defend...

Indonesia proposed a budget of 1.5 billion dollars for Chinese Sinovac vaccine

Indonesia has proposed a budget of 20.9 trillion rupees ($ 1.49 billion) to buy the Coronavirus vaccine from Sinovac,...

IFN declares SBP as top central bank for promoting Islamic finance

State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has been voted as the Best Central Bank in promoting Islamic finance for the...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Armed terrorists have stormed a five star hotel in Gwadar city, Baluchistan province of Pakistan، a clearance operation by the security forces is currently underway.

- Advertisement -

According to the source armed militants stormed the Pearl Continental Hotel Gwadar. Heavy contingents of security forces and the local police soon reached the area and started an operation.

Firing is being exchanged between security forces and the militants, whose number is being put at three by the security officials.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the security forces have cordoned-off the area and the terrorists have been confined to one place.

It also said a hotel security guard had been killed during a clash between the hotel security and the terrorists.

Reports say the terrorists may have rocket launchers and may be wearing suicide jackets. Police say as many as 10 blasts were heard from inside the hotel.

All the guests stayed in the hotel safely evacuated.

- Advertisement -

Balochistan Information Minister Zahoor Buledi told the media that all the foreign and local guests staying in the hotel were safely evacuated and the forces had started an operation to counter terrorists within the building.

Buledi further said there was no prior threat alert for Saturday’s incident. He said the details would be shared with the media once the operation is over.

Home Minister Balochistan Mir Ziaullah Lango said there were reports of some casualties, however, none of the injured were foreigners.

Sources said that the international airport and the port are fully secured.

- Advertisement -
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]
- Advertisement -

Latest News

As You Likee: Express more, Create more with Likee’s In-App Features

The online short videos platform is rapidly becoming the content production application of choice for hundreds of thousands of...

Adam Schiff: Donald Trump must be removed

Adam Schiff, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee in the US House of Representatives, affirmed that they continue to defend the democracy of the United...

Indonesia proposed a budget of 1.5 billion dollars for Chinese Sinovac vaccine

Indonesia has proposed a budget of 20.9 trillion rupees ($ 1.49 billion) to buy the Coronavirus vaccine from Sinovac, the Indonesian health minister said...

IFN declares SBP as top central bank for promoting Islamic finance

State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has been voted as the Best Central Bank in promoting Islamic finance for the fourth time by a poll...

Breaking: Ontario premier ordered state of emergency amid COVID killer wave

The Ontario government has issued a stay-at-home order for at least 28 days requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes,...

Related News