Thursday, August 13, 2020

World mourns: Death toll rose to 49 in New Zealand mosques terrorist attack

Featured

New Zealand reimposed lockdown in Auckland after first local Coronavirus case in 102 days

New Zealand announced on Tuesday that it would close its largest city, Auckland, after discovering four new cases of...

United Nations: Floods affect 38 million people in China and 1.4 million in Bangladesh

Stephen Dujarric, a spokesman for the United Nations Secretary-General, said that the floods are still affecting many countries in...

Biden says his economic plan will create 5 million US jobs

US Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Thursday pledged to spend $700 billion on US-made products and industrial research,...
Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

The attacks on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, killed at least 49 people on Friday, police said. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern classified the attack as an act of terrorism. “It’s clear that this can only be described as a terrorist attack,” she said on Friday. 48 people with gunshot wounds are currently being treated in different hospitals, the health authorities of Christchurch said.

The attacks occurred during Friday prayers in the Masjid al-Noor Mosque in downtown Christchurch and in a mosque in the suburb of Linwood. Eyewitnesses reported that the victims had been hit at close range. Among the dead are probably also women and children. The exact course of the attack was still unclear even after hours.

Australian terrorist Brenton Tarrant responsible of killings

Police chief Mike Bush said at a press conference in Wellington that four people had been arrested, and one of them was probably not related to the attack. Another suspect who is in his late twenties is accused of murder. He should already be presented to a judge this Saturday. The remaining two suspects needed to be clear on what to do with the incident. They were in possession of firearms.

The police called the population to vigilance. The danger is not over, said Bush at a press conference in Wellington. People should stay home if possible.

According to Prime Minister Ardern, the detainees have extremist views. Nationwide, the highest level of security has been proclaimed. The attack was “well prepared”. The alleged attackers were not on terrorist lists, she said.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison had previously spoken of an act of terrorism. “We strongly condemn this attack, committed by a right-wing extremist violent terrorist,” said Morrison. An Australian was involved.

On the Internet circulated a supposedly live-filmed video of the deed and various messages that should also come from the alleged perpetrator. In it, the man claimed to be a 28-year-old Australian. At first, it was not possible to reliably verify this.

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan condemned the attacks in the strongest terms. The “terrorist attack” was directed against praying believers. “I curse those who committed it,” Erdogan explained. Russian President Vladimir Putin also commented on the act. “The attack on peaceful citizens who have gathered for prayer shakes in its cruelty and cynicism,” he said, according to a message from the Kremlin.

Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Twitter, she was deeply shaken. “I mourn with the New Zealanders for their fellow citizens who peacefully invaded their mosques and were murdered for racist hatred. We stand side by side against such terrorism. “Foreign Minister Heiko Maas (SPD) condemned the attacks and described them on Twitter as an” attack on all of us “.

 

Zubair Yaqoob
Zubair Yaqoob
The author has diversified experience in investigative journalism. He is Chief content editor at wnobserver.com He can be reached at: [email protected]

Latest News

All 15 BMGians elected unopposed in KCCI’s Election 2020-22

All candidates of Businessmen Group (BMG) have been elected unopposed for the Managing Committee of Karachi Chamber of Commerce...

Mastercard partners Faysal Bank to expand digital payments in Pakistan

Mastercard has expanded on its existing strong partnership with Faysal Bank through an agreement that will further support the digitization of the payments infrastructure...

New Zealand reimposed lockdown in Auckland after first local Coronavirus case in 102 days

New Zealand announced on Tuesday that it would close its largest city, Auckland, after discovering four new cases of Covid-19 in the city, the...

Record Increase In Export Of Fruits & Vegetables Despite Coronavirus Global Pandemic

Pakistan has registered record enhancement in export of fruits & vegetables despite coronavirus global pandemic. The Financial year 2019-20 has witnessed an overall increase...

K-Electric successfully closes PKR 25 Billion Sukuk, the largest ever Sukuk issue in Pakistan’s private sector!

August 10th, 2020: K-Electric (KE) is pleased to announce the successful closure of its PKR 25 billion Sukuk which is the largest Sukuk issue...

Related News